Jabarie Hinds - PG - Mount Vernon HS - Mt. Vernon, NY - WEST VIRGINIA

• 38 replies
Awesome player. was taking a visit on campus led by norm today with the mount vernon head coach. i know because i saw it with my own 2 eyes.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 01:34:18 PM by Dave »

Re: Jabarie Hinds - PG - Mount Vernon HS - Mt. Vernon, NY
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 02:05:30 AM »
is he the lefty point guard. kinda projects like a brandon jennings on a smaller stage
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 10:50:29 PM »
Mount Vernon has a nice program. I don't know much about this kid.

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 05:44:24 PM »
“He’s the best kid I have coached since Ben Gordon” said Cimmino.

http://www.vphoops.com/

Last night Mt. Vernon basketball had an open gym workout from 6:30 to 8:30 pm.  In attendance was St. John’s coach Norm Roberts, Seton Hall’s Bobby Gonzalez  along with assistant coach Dermon Player, James Madison assistant coach Rob O’Driscoll, Louisville assistant coach Steve Masiello and Iona head coach Kevin Willard along with assistant  coach Dan McHale.

LJSA

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 02:25:43 AM »
“He’s the best kid I have coached since Ben Gordon” said Cimmino.

Sounds good to me.

I know posters have been saying that the recruits will come if we win this year. I actually think this year is already a lost cause because most kids will sign early before any big wins we may or may not have, so the 2011 kids are the ones we really need to impress.

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 02:23:53 PM »
So if this kid is any good, where is he actually going to end up? We know it wont be here.

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 01:16:25 PM »
So if this kid is any good, where is he actually going to end up? We know it wont be here.
I watched him yesterday. The physical, little lefty had six steals, 6 rebounds, and 29 points in three quarters. He knocked down 4 threes, as the opposition went 2-3 zone to try to offset his speed. Among the big boys, Wake is apparently showing him the most love, but it's early.

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 08:54:32 PM »
No way he's going to St. John's.  Too cocky and built up.. Definitely goiong to a Big time school, but no way he is as good as Ben Gordon.

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 03:06:06 PM »
In the consolation game of the McDonald's Classic in Erie PA Hinds dropped 39 including 9 three pointers. 9 three pointers is practically unheard of for a point guard.  Very impressive.

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 06:36:48 PM »
http://twitter.com/AdamZagoria

Mount Vernon junior guard Jabarie Hinds has not verballed to Louisville, but may be close, according to sources
10 minutes ago via web

Poison

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 09:12:19 PM »
Can't they just Fire Norm tomorrow?

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 02:05:44 AM »
Hinds is the real deal.  I said in an article 2 years ago that Hinds will be the best player out of Mt. Vernon since Ben Gordon, and I'm sticking to that.  Kid can really play.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 08:58:25 AM »
Can't they just Fire Norm tomorrow?

Exactly!  We're never gonna get these blue-chippers with Norm at the helm.  Might, as well get rid of him soon after we're eliminated from the Big East Tournament.

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2010, 12:12:01 AM »
What happens to Russell Smith.  Career backup?

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2010, 05:24:00 PM »
what is the deal with the recruit from seattle, Anthony Wroten. I know he hurt his knee this year and he was out. Are they still pursuing this kid?

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2010, 05:38:40 PM »
what is the deal with the recruit from seattle, Anthony Wroten. I know he hurt his knee this year and he was out. Are they still pursuing this kid?

I'm pretty sure his final 5 teams did not have SJU.

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010, 11:33:59 AM »

This might be a better post in Anthony Wroten's thread.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle